TOPPS UFC KNOCKOUT CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsored by: The Topps Company, Inc., New York, NY 10004.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (if a minor, your parent or legal guardian) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to legal residents of the U.S. who are 13 or older. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, printers and Zuffa, LLC (also referred to as the “UFC Entities”) are NOT eligible. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. HOW TO PLAY. Look for a Topps UFC Knockout Championship Ticket (also referred to as a “Topps UFC Knockout 2014 Chael Sonnen Golden Ticket”; hereafter, “Knockout Ticket”) randomly inserted in hobby boxes of 2014 UFC Knockout, while supplies last. If you find a Knockout Ticket, you are an instant prize winner (subject to verification) and may enter the drawing for the Grand Prize (see Rule 3 below). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. For a chance to obtain a Knockout Ticket without purchase (again, while supplies last), print your name, mailing address, age and the words “Topps UFC Knockout Championship Ticket” on a 3”x5” paper and mail in a business size (#10) envelope to: 2014 UFC KNOCKOUT CHAMPIONSHIP TICKET NPN, P.O. Box 2036, Duryea, PA 18642. Requests must be received by August 1, 2014. No metered mail accepted. Limit one (1) request per household. Only potential prize winners will be notified by receiving Knockout Ticket via return mail.
3. INSTANT WIN PRIZE CLAIM/GRAND PRIZE DRAWING ENTRY. Mail original Knockout Ticket (NOT a copy), completed with all required information, in a business size (#10) envelope to: 2014 UFC Knockout Championship Ticket, P.O. Box 2008, Duryea, PA 18642, for receipt by September 2, 2014. (Note: Knockout Ticket lists September 1, 2014 as the deadline; but, as this is Labor Day, instant win prize claim may be received by the next business day, September 2.) You are advised to make a copy of the Knockout Ticket prior to submission because, once submitted, Knockout Ticket will not be returned. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about September 15, 2014 from among all eligible prize claims/entries received. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone by October 1, 2014. (Note: Knockout Ticket lists September 31, 2014 as the deadline, which should be disregarded.) Prize claim is void (with no entry in Grand Prize drawing) if received after September 2, 2014 for any reason and Sponsor shall have no liability for same. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules or if instant win prize is returned as undeliverable, instant win prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and applicable prize claimant will be excluded from the Grand Prize drawing. ANY UNCLAIMED OR FORFEITED INSTANT WIN PRIZES WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
4. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING.
Instant Win Prizes (11): mixed martial arts training gear autographed by UFC fighter Chael Sonnen. Gear may consist of training equipment such as gloves, headgear or shin guards Actual gear item awarded is of Sponsor’s sole choosing. Approx. Retail Value: $50 each. (Approx. Retail Value may differ from re-sale value of autographed training gear.) Odds of winning are 1:351.
Grand Prize (1): Trip for winner and one guest to a location in the contiguous 48 United States (actual location to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), where winner will receive Meet-and-Greet and an opportunity to train with Chael Sonnen. Trip includes roundtrip coach air travel from major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence to major commercial airport nearest designated trip location; 2 days/1 night hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy). Approx. Retail Value: $2,100. (If actual value is less than $2,100, winner will not receive the difference in cash.) Odds of an eligible instant win prize claimant winning the Grand Prize are approximately 1:11, but depend on the number of eligible instant win prize claims/entries received.
Restrictions on Grand Prize:
Grand Prize is subject to Chael Sonnen’s availability and professional commitments. Meet-and-Greet and an opportunity to train with Chael Sonnen will take place on a date of Sponsor’s sole choosing prior to July 1, 2015; winner will be advised of actual date of trip as well as trip destination/location for Meet-and-Greet and training session at or after time of winner notification. Grand Prize winner must be available to travel so as to attend Meet-and-Greet and training session on such date; if winner cannot do so for any reason, Grand Prize will be forfeited and the award of an Instant Win Prize shall constitute Sponsor’s sole liability to winner.
Grand Prize is subject to additional restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary (as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion). No frequent flier miles, travel awards or like “perks” are available in conjunction with prize travel. Guest of winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) prior to issuance of travel documents. If Grand Prize winner is a minor, his/her guest must be his/her parent or legal guardian. If winner lives within reasonable driving distance of trip destination (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), ground transportation will be substituted for air travel and no compensation or alternate prize will be awarded.
Training session will last for no more than thirty (30) minutes and will be supervised (not private). Mr. Sonnen may in his sole discretion pose for photographs or autograph items for Grand Prize winner and his/her guest; but, Mr. Sonnen is in no way obligated to do so and his failure to pose for photographs or autograph items shall not result in any liability to Sponsor.
IN ORDER TO ACCEPT GRAND PRIZE, GRAND PRIZE WINNER (IF A MINOR, HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) MUST:
(A) PROVIDE SPONSOR WITH A SIGNED NOTE FROM A LICENSED PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER ATTESTING TO THE FACT THAT GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS IN SUITABLE CONDITION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRAINING SESSION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICIAN/HEALTH CARE PROVIDER’S DETERMINATION THAT GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS PHYSICALLY ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRAINING SESSION AND HAS THE REQUISITE MENTAL CAPABILITY TO PERFORM THE ACTIVITIES COMPRISING THE TRAINING SESSION, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE HAZARDS INVOLVED IN DOING SO (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER [IF A MINOR, HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN] WAS NOTIFIED OF THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH HAZARDS PRIOR TO ENGAGING IN SUCH ACTIVITIES);
(B) AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISK OF INJURY FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE TRAINING SESSION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INJURIES RELATED TO ACCIDENTS AND FALLS OCCURRING DURING PARTICIPATION IN THE TRAINING SESSION), NOTWITHSTANDING ANY NEGLIGENCE OF THE PART OF SPONSOR, ZUFFA, LLC (“UFC ENTITIES”), MR. SONNEN OR MR. SONNEN’S REPRESENTATIVES;
(C) AGREE TO THE PROVISION OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE IN CONJUNCTION WITH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TRAINING SESSION.
Grand Prize winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) may also be required, upon request and without compensation (other than instant win prize), to complete, sign and return additional waivers/releases as a pre-condition to participation in the training session.
Grand Prize winner and guest must each conduct himself/herself at all times before/during/after Meet-and-Greet and training session in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner; failure to do so will result in immediate termination of Meet-and-Greet and training session and Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to Grand Prize winner and/or guest (as applicable).
In its sole discretion, Sponsor may also condition award of the Grand Prize upon winner (and, if a minor, winner and winner’s parents or legal guardians) passing a background check. Should Sponsor choose to have a background check conducted, the potential Grand Prize Winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must agree to same in writing as well as provide any and all necessary consents and any and all information or materials that may be required in conjunction with the conduct of such background check. POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER (IF A MINOR, HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT SPONSOR MAY REFUSE TO AWARD THE GRAND PRIZE AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR FURTHER OBLIGATION TO HIM/HER (OTHER THAN THE INSTANT WIN PRIZE) IF THE TOPPS COMPANY, INC. DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, AFTER REVIEWING THE BACKGROUND CHECK, THAT AWARDING THE GRAND PRIZE TO SUCH PERSON WOULD REFLECT ADVERSELY ON SPONSOR AND/OR ITS PRODUCTS (EVEN IF THE POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS OTHERWISE ELIGIBLE AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES). Potential Grand Prize Winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees that Sponsor’s decisions relative to the background check are final and binding in all respects and are not subject to appeal.
Instant win prizes will only be delivered to addresses in the (50) United States. If won by a minor, prize may be awarded to or in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Prizes are not transferable without the written consent of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. This includes award of the Grand Prize to another person if Grand Prize winner is not able to accept the Grand Prize; in such case, Grand Prize winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation of any kind. No prize substitution except by Sponsor for prize of equal value. Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash. Taxes on value of prizes as well as all unspecified expenses in conjunction with prize acceptance/use are winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form for fair market value of Grand Prize and instant win prize. Limit of one (1) instant win prize per family/household/address.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Submission of prize claim/entry and/or free play request is the sole responsibility of participant. Sponsor and its licensors disclaim any and all liability for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, damaged, misdirected, stolen prize claims/entries/free play requests, all of which are void. Sponsor and its licensors are also not responsible for postage due mail. If submission claimed to be Knockout Ticket is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be forged, illegible, irregular, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way whatsoever (other than handwriting of consumer), prize claim containing same is void and will not result in entry in Grand Prize drawing (and, person submitting such prize claim is subject to disqualification and/or other sanctions). Prize claim is also void (and persons submitting such prize claim will not be entered in the Grand Prize drawing) if Knockout Ticket was not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels as per Rule 2 above or if Knockout Ticket is determined to have been mechanically reproduced. Sponsor further disclaims any liability for a defective or irregular Knockout Ticket (e.g., Knockout Ticket contains printing or other errors) and such Knockout Ticket is void. Only eleven (11) instant win prizes and one (1) Grand Prize are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. Should more than eleven (11) eligible persons submit valid prize claims due to mechanical, printing, programming or other error of any kind, Sponsor will award only eleven (11) instant win prizes by means of a random drawing from among all eligible instant win prize claimants (excluding instant win prizes that were previously awarded.)
6. RELEASES. By participating, you (if a minor, your parent or legal guardian) indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Zuffa, LLC (“UFC Entities”), their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, printers, licensors and the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, Mr. Chael Sonnen, and Facebook, from any and all liability arising from the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of prize(s). By accepting prize(s), where legal, winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to the use of winner’s name, address (city/state), likeness, voice, photograph and/or other indicia of persona for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees (including Zuffa, LLC [“UFC Entities”]) without further compensation or notice. The preceding includes but is not limited to Sponsor’s and/or Zuffa, LLC’s possible recordation of the Grand Prize winner’s training session with Chael Sonnen.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. If Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any reason beyond Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes and make prizes available to be won in a manner that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.topps.com. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. Persons will be disqualified if they tamper with, interfere with the conduct of the Sweepstakes or attempt to defraud Sponsor. But, disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor under such circumstances.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you (if a minor, your parent or legal guardian) agree that (a) any action regarding these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be brought individually (NOT as part of a class action) in the federal or state courts situate in New York County, New York State and you (if a minor, your parent or legal guardian) submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts; (b) your recovery in any such action shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), with all rights to any other relief or damages being expressly waived; and (c) such court shall apply the laws of the State of New York, with the exception of choice of law/conflict of law provisions of New York (or of any other jurisdiction which would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.)
9. WINNERS’ LIST. For the names of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:2014 UFC KNOCKOUT CHAMPIONSHIP TICKET WINNER’S LIST, P.O. Box 2098, Duryea, PA 18642 for receipt by September 15, 2014. The winners’ list will be available after November 3, 2014.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.